The Skin of Color Seminar Series, led by nationally recognized faculty, takes a case-based approach to train dermatologists on the safe and effective treatment of skin of color through a series of live demonstrations and lectures.
- Treatment across the skin of color spectrum for medical conditions such as melasma, acne, PIH, and alopecia
- Dermatologic conditions unique to various skin of color segments
- Differences in skin of color responses to cosmeceuticals, fillers and neuro-toxins
- Guidance on interacting with patients of diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Expert instruction in performing cosmetic procedures in skin of color
The Skin of Color Seminar Series is the only series to address the ever-increasing demand for sound medical and aesthetic training to treat patients with skin of color. Don't miss this rare event.
Add the Skin of Color Seminar to Your Calendar
Reasons to Attend SOCSS
- Gain greater confidence in performing laser procedures in skin of color
- Improve your management of pigmentary and hair disorders in patients of color
- Boost your practice and Expand your treatment offerings
- Master nuances in the management of common dermatologic disorders in diverse populations
- Find out more
Upon completion of this CME activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the top dermatological issues for patients with skin of color.
- Distinguish the prominent differences between skin of color and Caucasian skin and how each reacts to acne, melasma, rosacea, and laser treatments.
- Formulate informed treatment regimens for patients with skin of color.
- Classify skin of color on at least one established scale.
- Contrast treatment regimens for Caucasian and skin of color patients.
- Determine the efficacy and safety of laser use in patients with skin types of IV to VI, with fewer risks of epidermal adverse events.
- Assess appropriate laser settings for treatments of skin of color patients.
- Explain how fillers and neurotoxins must be utilized with specific patient populations in mind.
- Discuss the importance of sun protection specialized treatment regimens for skin of color patients.
- Indicate the importance of patient compliance and adherence to sunscreen use.
- Distinguish the differences between skin of color and Caucasian skin in regards to skin cancer incidence and clinical presentation.
- Recognize best treatment options for skin rejuvenation and skin aging for patients with pigmented skin.
- Detect and manage common skin conditions in skin of color pediatric patients.